Join us if you’re going to Silicon Beach Fest on Thursday.
Got Content? How to take your ideas and put them on TV, Film, Gaming, & Digital Platforms
13534 Bali Way
Marina del Rey
Talking points will cover the intersection of gaming tech and entertainment and how creative storytelling is utilized as content to marketing strategies to distribute to digital platforms. We will explore how content is expanding to digital storytelling and new hybrid forms of entertainment.
– Kim Adelman, Indie Filmmaker and UCLA Extension Instructor (Moderator)
– Melinda Hill, Executive Producer/Writer and UCLA Extension Instructor
– Eric Matteson, Blizzard Entertainment, Group Program Manager
– Kirk Saduski, Playtone, Executive and Producer; UCLA Extension Instructor
– Moderator Kim Adelman: Indie filmmaker & UCLA Extension instructor; Ms. Adelman produced an indie feature and 19 shorts that played over 150 festivals and won over 30 awards. She has authored four books, including Making It Big in Shorts, and writes about shorts for Indiewire. She currently works in Playa Vista at the cable channel Pop.
– Melinda Hill: Executive producer/writer; WGA member whose credits include Disney’s Kickin’ It and truTV’s The Smoking Gun Presents: World’s Dumbest. Ms. Hill created the Web series Romantic Encounters with Melinda Hill, All Growz Up, and The Program for Funny or Die. As an actor and comedian, she has appeared on shows such as Adventure Time, Reno 911!, The Sarah Silverman Program, and Comics Unleashed, among others. As a stand-up comedian she has traveled the world and performed on dozens of TV shows including Late, Late Show, Bonnie Hunt Show, Stand Up in Stilettos and Comedy; UCLA Extension instructor.
– Eric Matteson: Blizzard, Group Program Manager for Battle.net Game Service. He leads a 40+ person team building the core back end platform for all Blizzard properties. He has driven project initiative to move Blizzard’s back end infrastructure on to a common platform.
– Kirk Saduski: Kirk Saduski has been an executive and producer at Playtone for eighteen years. He was Executive in Charge of Band of Brothers, and Co-Producer of John Adams, The Pacific, and Game Change, all for HBO. He was also the Co-Producer of David McCullough: Painting With Words and the Producer of He Has Seen War, both HBO documentaries. Mr. Saduski co-produced the feature film Parkland and is the Co-Executive Producer of the CNN documentary series The Sixties, The Seventies, and The Eighties. He is currently in production on The Nineties. Mr. Saduski has been an instructor at U.C.L.A. Extension for the past five years.